January 31, 2020
The online platform for commercial real estate loans
StackSource is seeking a real estate finance executive to lead business development in our Phoenix office. StackSource has an innovative approach through it’s client-facing technology platform that allows for greater efficiency and transparency in sourcing commercial real estate debt.
This position will initially be focused on establishing our brand in the market and originating commercial mortgage loans. With “proof of market” and pipeline growth, activity will transition into a higher-end, market leadership role, responsible for building and leading our originations team in the region.
- Collaborate with the CEO to establish and execute the business development plan for the market.
- In accordance with the business plan, recruit and enable a team of commercial loan originators (Capital Advisors) to maximize regional revenue by establishing relationships with commercial property owners and investment sales brokers in the market.
- Own the sales strategy for the market, continuously improving it and measuring performance with respect to results, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Represent StackSource in the local business/real estate community, engaging with all relevant industry and civic groups to promote brand awareness and platform acceptance
- Source relevant commercial real estate loan opportunities and referral partnerships.
- 10+ years of experience in commercial real estate finance, preferably in a mortgage brokerage role interacting with both clients and different lenders (local & regional banks, agencies, etc). Experience should include all asset types and classes, as well as familiarity with bridge and construction lending as well as permanent mortgage finance.
- Deep understanding of the commercial real estate market and its key players/constituencies
- Demonstrated track record in deal-making
- Strong knowledge of commercial mortgage fundamentals, including how to underwrite and structure financing deals
- Ability to build and lead a high performing team
- Strong understanding and ability to mentor team on commercial loan dynamics, navigating lending programs, and develop sales strategies
- Existing industry relationships (sponsors, lenders, sales brokers)
- Willingness to “do whatever needs to be done” to create a successful business unit
- Curious and adaptable team leader
*Commission-based compensation based on performance, plus equity incentives*