StackSource is a fast-growing, tech-enabled commercial real estate financing platform. Tech-enabled means we build proprietary software, and also employ industry-leading real estate finance pros to advise real estate investors/lenders on complex transactions.
We are different than a traditional commercial mortgage brokerage in a few important ways:
- We give borrowers transparency into the financing process through our online platform.
- Because of #1, we drive an ever-increasing volume of online financing leads directly to our Capital Advisors. This isn’t an old-school, intensive cold-calling brokerage.
As StackSource's first UX Design Lead, you will own the User Experience design process at StackSource from research all the way through high fidelity design, utilizing external design resources from time to time as necessary. You'll build on the foundation of the product that has helped us take an early lead in the tech-enabled real estate services space and also make the bold, visionary product choices that will define us as a market leader in real estate finance.
- Own StackSource's UX design strategy in order to improve the user experience across StackSource's platform.
- Passionately seek opportunities to increase the platform's NPS, conversion, and usability.
- Work with members of the business team to understand customer and partner needs and expectations.
- Establish a design methodology that matches the stage and goals of the company and its software products.
- Design and run user experience experiments. Analyze the data that comes back from them and how it affects product and design decisions.
- From time to time as necessary, partner with outsourced UX designers to implement high fidelity design prototypes.
- Work with members of the software engineering team to ensure proper implementation of UX/UI specs.
- Measure and evaluate the efficacy of UX design projects using any and all appropriate data. Use it to inform future design decisions.
Required Experience & Characteristics
- You're a really skilled designer who can show off beautiful work.
- 7+ years of experience of designing and launching web applications.
- Strong understanding of the B2B environment that can inform proper design approaches.
- No lack in creativity.
- Experience collaborating with other user experience designers, software engineers, and startup founders.
- Passion for both design quality and product management.
Culture & Values
- Our core values are Integrity, Speed, Transparency, Ownership, and Curiosity
- We work remotely and online – we have no headquarters, and the existing team is distributed across the country in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix, and Los Angeles
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000
Bonuses and health benefits